Thursday, August 13, 2009

After Turning My Head Away from the Internet for a Week

There's so much abolitionist animal rights activity online right now that I'm not even sure of where to start in terms of raving about it in any sort of detail. Two things worthy of nothing right off the bat, however, are that Prof. Gary L. Francione has entered the world of podcasting. In the "Abolitionist Approach Commentary", Prof. Francione has begun presenting a series that explores different issues and aspects of why we need to bring about the abolition--and not the regulation--of animal exploitation. His first podcast is on the myth and misrepresentation of vegetarianism as being a "gateway" to veganism and can be found here. His second podcast examines the issue of "pets" and can be found here. Speaking of podcasts... Vincent J. Guihan has steered his We Other Animals blog in a new direction with WOARadio. You can listen to his very first podcast ("I would throw 1000 ancient redwoods out of the lifeboat to save one kitten") here. Now to catch up with the rest of what's been going on while I've been sidetracked...

2 comments:

Rich R said...

I was surprised to see two podcasts by GF in one week considering he's a self confessed technophobe, I'm to poor to afford his books atm so its great to have the podcast going :)

M said...

I suspect that he's not half the technophobe he claims he is (but that's just my humble opinion based on casual observation of how he's taken the social networking world by storm).

His website has so much written information, too, of which I'm guessing you're already likely very well aware. Have you tried ordering any of his books through your library?