Saturday, April 30, 2011

What This Vegan Eats

I'm wandering away from the soup photos this week...

Open-faced seitan sandwich with cheddar Daiya on pumpernickel toast, topped w/gravy made from leftover seitan basting liquid. Peas and sauerkraut. Comfort food extraordinaire!

Steamed broccoli w/oven-baked Gardein chunks and plum tomatoes.

Oven-baked sweet potato wedges (seasoned with chipotle powder) and Gardein strips.

Yes, sometimes vegans eat simple salads. This one had romaine lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes and scallions and ended up topped off with ground flax and Italian dressing.

2 comments:

Brytt said...

In what form/where do you buy your seitan? I purchased some at an Asian market in a can (braised) and it was pretty gross. A friend worked for a restaurant that special ordered it frozen, but thus far I haven't had much luck. These dishes all look fantastic, by the way!

M said...

They tasted fantastic, too. Hee hee!

I make my own seitan: http://my-face-is-on-fire.blogspot.com/2010/12/vacation.html